How do I lodge my visa application?
Where do I lodge?
The Australian High Commission in Port Louis processes visa applications only from Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles, Reunion Island and Union of Comoros.
How do I apply for a visa?
How you lodge a visa application depends on the type of visa application you wish to apply for. The following visa subclasses may be lodged at the Australian High Commission in Port Louis:
- Visitor visas (subclass 600)
- Transit visa (subclass 771)
- Medical Treatment visa (602)
- Resident Return visa (155 and 157)
- Temporary Work (subclass 400)
- Other temporary visas (400 series)
Your application can be lodged at the Australian High Commission in Port Louis in one of three ways:
- online (subclass 600 Visitor visas)
- online (subclass 400 Temporary Work Short Stay Activity visas):
- via courier to the Australian High Commission in Port Louis
- in person or by a friend/relative/contact or your travel agent at the Australian High Commission in Port Louis (during designated lodgement times)
Tourist/Business Visitor and Transit visa applications: Monday and Wednesday between 09.30 am and 11.50am
Medical Treatment, Resident Return and Temporary Work (subclass 400 series) visa applications: by appointment only
Request for an appointment must be made by email to email@example.com
Applications should not be sent by the regular post.
Online lodgement for certain visa subclasses
Online lodgement is also available for certain visa categories, specifically:
- Subclass 600 Visitor visas
- Subclass 500 Student visas
- Subclass 400 Temporary Work visas
- Subclass 155 and 157 Resident Return visas
- For Tourist/Business Visitor visa subclass 300 – see http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/600-/Visitor-e600-visa-online-applications
- For Temporary Work visa subclass 400 – see http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Appl/Temporary-work-(short-stay-activity)
- For Student visa subclass 500: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/ssvf-students
- For Resident Return visa subclass 155 and 157 – see http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/155-
For more information on how to lodge an online visa application, please see Online Services at http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Onli
What documents should I provide?
All applications should be lodged complete, with all required forms and supporting documentation. If your visa application is not complete, your visa application may be refused.
You can download visa application forms from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
The Immigration Office Port Louis has developed checklists which are available for download. You must read checklist information carefully and submit all supporting documentation requested in the appropriate checklist. See here: http://www.mauritius.embassy.gov.au/plut/Visas_and_Migration.html
How do I pay the Visa Application Charge?
Information on the visa application charge payable on each type of visa application can be found on the Department's website: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees
- Paid inn Mauritian rupees in cash at the Australian High Commission in Port Louis
- By bank issued cheque made to the order of ‘Australian High Commission’
- Via a Credit card (either your own or someone else’s – with their approval). The credit card is charged in AUD. The credit card details should be included in your visa application form (in the payment section).
- A person pays on their behalf at one of the Immigration Offices in Australia (in AUD).
For online visa applications: The visa application charge is payable by credit card (charged in AUD).