Travelling to Australia
Australia welcomes millions of overseas visitors each year. Anyone who is not an Australian citizen needs a valid visa to enter the country.
From 6 July 2022, the way you travel to Australia has changed. All travellers should be aware that:
- People entering Australia do not need to provide evidence of vaccination status
- People entering Australia do not need to complete the Digital Passenger Declaration or Maritime Travel Declaration
- People leaving Australia will not be asked to provide evidence of their vaccination status
- Unvaccinated visa holders do not need a travel exemption to travel to Australia
- Masks are still required on flights travelling to Australia.
It is important to remember that airlines, vessel operators and other countries may have specific requirements that travellers need to comply with.
For more information on COVID-19 and the border, please visit the following website: COVID-19 and the Border
Visas for Australia
For information on obtaining a visa to travel to Australia, please visit the following website: Australian Visa Options
- For all pre-lodgement enquiries, please contact the Global Service Centre on +61 2 6196 0196
- Flor all post-lodgement enquiries, please use the Online Enquiry Form
For information on obtaining Australian citizenship, please visit the following website: Become an Australian Citizen