The Australian High Commission in Mauritius does not provide citizenship advice or services. This is managed by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
For information on obtaining Australian citizenship, please visit the following website: Become an Australian Citizen
Visas for Australia
The Australian High Commission in Mauritius does not provide visa advice or services. This is managed by the Australian Department of Home Affairs. Visa applications for Australia are processed through your ImmiAccount.
Visa Lodgement Process
- You can use the Department of Home Affairs website to determine which visa subclass is most appropriate for your intended travel, noting that you may be ineligible to apply for some subclasses. To explore your visa options and available subclasses, visit the Explore Visa Options website.
- Each visa option on the website will list all details for that visa, such as eligibility and conditions. Please read all information to determine which option is best for you.
- Click Apply when you have chosen your visa subclass.
- You will need to create an ImmiAccount to lodge your online application. You can find information on how to create your ImmiAccount and how to lodge your visa application on the ImmiAccounts website.
- Once your application has been lodged please check your ImmiAccount regularly for any requests for additional action or information. Your application decision letter will also be recorded in your ImmiAccount.
- If you receive a request for further action please ensure that you meet the deadline listed within the request letter.
- If your visa is granted the details of the grant will be listed in your grant letter. Please do not lose this letter as it contains important information. You will not receive a visa label in your passport as your grant will be linked electronically to your passport.
How to Contact Us
For general information regarding visa requirements please visit the following websites:
- Department of Home Affairs website
- Australian High Commission in Pretoria website
For application specific information, call the Home Affairs Global Service Centre on +61 2 6196 0196, open Monday to Friday 0900 to 1700 (local time)
Update information on your visa application via your ImmiAccount
For all other enquiries, please use the Australian Immigration Online Enquiry Form
Department of Home Affairs Web links
Below are a number of links to frequently asked questions. The Department of Home Affairs website should be your first option when planning any travel to Australia.
See: General information and enquiry forms
See: My visa is about to expire – what do I do?
See: Information on Biometrics
See: Where do I book an appointment for my biometrics?
See: General Refund Provisions
See: How do I update my passport or other details on my application?
See: Where can I go to complete my medicals?
See: How long will it take to process my application and is my application within the 90% processing time frame?
ImmiAccount Technical Problems
If you experience any technical difficulties with your ImmiAccount please refer to the following advice on the Department of Home Affairs website: ImmiAccount Technical Help. If you are still unable to resolve your issue submit your enquiry via the ImmiAccount Technical Support Form
Visa Lodgement Scams
There are increasing reports of persons intending on travelling to Australia being scammed during the visa application process. The victims are paying large amounts of money to ‘travel agents’ to lodge Australian visa applications on their behalf. In many cases an application is never lodged or bogus information and documentation is provided to the Department of Home Affairs resulting in a visa being refused and the applicant potentially being excluded from applying for a further Australia visa for a period of up to 10 years.
A number of people have been scammed, having lost their money and will not receive a visa to Australia.
For further information on visa scams please see the below links.
Applicants are urged not to use unregistered third party providers to lodge visa applications. Persons wishing to travel to Australia can lodge their own visa applications through their own Immi Account. Guidance on how to create and manage your ImmiAccount can be found on the Department of Home Affairs Website.
Alternatively, applicants can seek to engage the services of a migration agent. The Office of the MARA maintains registration for Migration Agents. Please see https://www.mara.gov.au/ for details on how to verify an agents registration.
Please note that the Department of Home Affairs will never send unsolicited communication including emails and letters. All email addresses and websites for Australian Government Departments, such as the Department of Home Affairs or the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT), will always end with the domain ‘.gov.au’. Caution should be exercised if correspondence claiming to come from a Government Department does not conform to this format.