Notarial services are provided by the Australian High Commission in Mauritius. Notarial services include authenticating and certifying documents, witnessing signatures, taking of statutory declarations, affidavits, oaths and affirmations, and other services.
All documents relating to the notarial service you require from the Australian High Commission must be presented in the correct form and you must provide the correct instructions for the notarial service you require. If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to the notarial service you require, you should seek independent legal advice.
Please note that neither the Australian Government nor the Australian High Commission in Mauritius guarantees the legal effectiveness of the notarised document or the accuracy of its content. Fees paid for notarial services are non-refundable.
Further information on notarial services can be found on the government’s Smartraveller website.
Mailed in Services
Some notarial services are available via mail. These include:
- certified copies of original documents
To obtain an authentication, certified copy or apostille through the mail, please complete the following steps:
- Send an email to our office to discuss your requirements, including a scanned copy of the document and the instructions, to [email protected]
- Once we have confirmed that your documents are in the correct order, send the following documents to our office:
- your original documents;
- instructions on the service you require, including number of copies and which pages/documents are involved;
- the country for which the document is required
- your email address and phone number in case we need to contact you;
- your delivery address
Documents that are mailed without instructions cannot be processed. We recommend that you use a courier that allows you to track delivery of your documents.
Once we receive your documents, we will contact you to arrange payment.
Please address all mail to:
Australian High Commission
Second Floor, Rogers House
President John Kennedy Road, Port Louis
In Person Services
Some notarial services are only available in person. These include:
- witnessing signatures (e.g. for land transfers and driving licences)
To obtain an in-person notarial service, send an email to [email protected] to book an appointment. Ensure you include a copy of the document, details of the service you require and your days of availability.